Griffith Observatory (Los Angeles)

Thursday, December 08, 2016



My trip to the Griffith Observatory was one of the most picturesque activity I had while in L.A.. I was with Joanne that time. She's my only friend there by the way and I feel sorry for her if she has no choice but to make 'tiis' of my face whenever I invite her to meet up, HAHA!

Griffith Observatory is located in Los Angeles, sitting on a slope of Mt. Hollywood. I say picturesque because of the amazing view it offers of Downtown Los Angeles to the southeast, Hollywood to the south, and the Pacific Ocean to the southwest. It also has an excellent view of the Hollywood Sign. Just see my pictures below to really appreciate what this place offers and why tourists are flocking to this spot whenever in L.A.

Admission to the observatory is free of charge :) If you are interested in watching the shows at the Planetarium, a nominal fee will be paid. After touring the space related displays and exhibits, we decided to watch a really interesting show on the Planetarium. We were seated in a reclining chair with images like constellations being projected on the ceiling of a dark lit room while a live presenter is explaining the topic. Just imagine lying on your back on an open field watching the night sky as if a movie is being shown in front of your very eyes. I thought it was really cool!

Parking by the way is very limited. We have no choice but to park at the side of a steep hill with a very limited space and then hike our way up the hill to the observatory. The effort was worth it though after I saw the views. So here are my favorite pictures. Hope you enjoy!
 


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe