The Year That Was 2017

Sunday, December 31, 2017


2017 has been a rollercoaster ride. Akala ko di ganun ka eventful dahil sobrang busy at toxic. Di ko napansin tapos na pala ang isang buong taon. But looking back at my planner, marami din palang ganap.

January, DJ transferred work. Nagkaroutine na din ang workday ko. Dati kasi flexi time sya kaya nag aadjust din ako sa time ng pasok nia. Yung tulog ko wala sa ayos. This time mas ok kasi by 8am, he's off to work. Yung tulog ko umayos na din.

Valentine's was spent on a staycation at Azure Urban Residences. Nag away pa kami ni DJ nun before mag Valentines. Kala ko nga di na matutuloy ang staycation.

It was also in February that I made a spur of the moment decision and purchased an insurance investment plan from BPI-Philam. I also applied for a student driver's license. Kiel also had his first haircut.

Summer outing in March was spent at Camaya Coast. It was Kiel's first beach experience.

In April, my sister from our home province had her vacation with us. Di ako nakasama sa beach getaway nila sa Cavite (kasama iba kong kapatid) kasi Mother's Day yun. But we went to Luneta naman after kasi di pa siya nakapunta dun. Haha.

In May, Kiel had his first dental visit.

June was very busy. We went to Bohol to attend my friend's wedding, kasama DJ and Kiel. Pagkauwi straight from the airport, naghakot kami ng gamit kasi lumipat na kami sa binili naming condo. Haha. Kaloka. Excited much kasi ang DJ. Me pasok pa ko nun pagkagabi ah. Kiel also started schooling in June. Toddler class lang naman, salingpusa lang siya sa Nursery, hehe. But he goes to school everyday kasama yaya niya. We also tried bringing Kiel to watch a movie in a cinema, kaso major failure naman kinalabasan.


In July, I had my first Root Canal Treatment. Umabot ng 5 sessions kasi nahirapan sila maghanap ng isa pang root. Yun pala wala talaga. They are expecting 3 roots pero 2 lang ang nakita. At least nabawasan babayaran ko, haha.

My right knee got swollen and inflamed in August. I went to an ortho doctor to have it treated. I had knee effussion or water on the joints raw si he removed the fluid on my knees. Then I was referred to a rheumatologist after lab tests that he requested all turned out to be negative.

In September, I celebrated my 30th birthday at our new house. But it was also in this month that Kiel got sick. He had mouth sores and refused eating. Fever was on and off also for days. On September 11, we received the bad news that Tayte, our uncle who lives with us in the province died. To add to the already bad news, we rushed Kiel to the ER of The Medical City the next day. He has been vomiting non stop. Me paparating na bagyo pa nung araw na yun kaya cancelled ang classes sa buong Metro Manila. Sinugod namin ang bagyo paospital. The doctor then advised for Kiel to be admited due to dehydration. After 3 days, he was discharged. Day after that, me and my sisters went home to Antique to attend my uncle's burial.

In October, we met a cousin whom we haven't seen for years. I also had my check up with a Rheumatologist. I was tested for Lupus. Although all my lab results turned out to be zero negative, he said that I am having symptoms of Arthritis. I was advised to take medications which until now, I haven't decided if iinumin ko ba or hindi due to its side effects. I also started driving lessons with DJ teaching me.

November was time for Halloween parties. I DIYed Kiel's costumes: a spider and sheep costume. It was also my first time to watch an event in Smart Araneta. We watched UP vs Adu basketball game of UAAP. Taga Adamson kasi si DJ, ako naman from UP. Pinatingnan din namin si Kiel sa isang Developmental Pedia kasi concerned na kami. Di pa din siya nakakapagsalita kasi. He was diagnosed with Language Delay nga. He immediately started occupational therapies that month. Speech therapies to follow.

December was busy as expected. We had our company dinner. So far, this dinner na ang pinakamarami kami. Every other year ang outing namin outside the country kaya dinner lang muna for this year. I'm excited na nga kung saan outing namin nexr year. We also went to Chocolate Lovers in Cubao, recommended ng sis ko. And of course, Christmas and New Year was celebrated at our new home.

So that's how my 2017 went. What a year that was! I'm thankful to our God for all the blessings He has given me in 2017. Hoping for a better and fruitful 2018 ahead!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe