Date & Dine Residences, Antipolo

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Amidst busy preparations for Kiel's 1st birthday party, I still made time to prepare a surprise for DJ's birthday. I wanted it to be extra special this year because his birthday has been and will always be an 'etsapwera' after the arrival of Kiel (their birthdays are just 3 days apart).

So I consulted my ever reliable adviser, Mr. Google. He led me to this private, cozy and highly praised resort in Antipolo. A few more research and I opted to choose this place due to good reviews and high excellence ratings from its customers. I also chose this place because of its proximity to where we reside -- its just a short drive from Pasig.

I finally booked a room through their website, about a month before his birthday. You can also book through Agoda or similar booking websites but I opted to use their website. I think it was cheaper when I compared rates. Before I booked I had to make a deal with DJ. Since it was supposed to be a surprise, I can't tell him that I reserved a place. I instead asked him if he could allot his birth day to me, meaning no other plans with friends or family that day, just me.
The day before his birthday, we headed out to Antipolo to check in. He actually had no idea where we were going. I configured Waze on my phone to lead us to the resort and told him not to look at the destination I set, just keep driving and follow its instructions. We however got lost..HAHA! Waze ended us up at a seminary in Antipolo. Good ol' Waze almost failed my surprise. But since we have no choice, we resorted to using Waze once again. This time it led us to Beverly Hills Subdivision, which was the correct address. However, it led us to a place inside the subdivision which was almost a 'talahiban'. Haha! Turned out it was the correct place. The place was private with its gate closed and we had to use the doorbell to have someone let us in.

 
The staff then led us to our room after we signed up some papers at the reception desk. They were actually kind of excited to lead us to our room. And this greeted us. I was actually surprised. I forgot that I have emailed the owner and requested for our room to be set up in a romantic way. DJ was surprised as I expected. He is not used to this kind of cheesy romantic surprises and didn't see it coming. It was his first time to experience petals on the bed which he only used to see on movies. So he dived into the bed and acted like John Lloyd. Haha! It turned out to be a major fail though since he got allergic a few minutes later. :( He ended up taking a shower before we had our dinner. The staff also had to change our beddings with fresh new ones.

Dinner was then served. The place is actually owned by an Italian chef who prepares the food himself for the guests. The resort not only caters to those checked in but they also accommodate people who wanted to dine in. I've read some suggestions on what good food to try so I suggested them to DJ. We ordered 2 sets of pasta, a pizza and a chicken salad, paired with a bottle of red wine. O, romantic di ba? Add to that the view of the metro city lights on our right. They call this space the lover's spot anyway. I have reserved this space for dinner prior to our arrival as suggested on the reviews. Very ideal for couples who wants to have a space of their own while enjoying the food. The food was great by the way but serving was too much. We got so full that we ended up with leftovers and feeling very sleepy.

 

Next day, breakfast was served in our room. They have choices of American, English and Pinoy breakfast which they will let you choose the night before. Just the normal breakfast though with instant coffee or chocolate drink. They included a small birthday note (which I also requested upon booking). Happy Birthday, DJ!


Before checking out, we took a dip at the resort's well maintained pool. It may look small but it actually is deep. Soft music has been playing all day at the pool (and dining area) which helps you relax and calm your senses while wallowing at the coolness of the water. There's also a mini bar and lounge chairs near the pool area.


This place has a nice interior design - modern but with a chic and simple vibe to it. I've read that the wife of the Italian chef is an artist whose work is evident on how the house was set up and designed. The house looks small when viewed from the pool area but it actually consists of more than 2 levels - 4 I think. Or might be just 3 levels. It has a lot of stairs especially when going to the rooms where guests stay.


You could find random things which will catch your attention while exploring this place. There's also a cute dog roaming around waiting for the guests to play with him.


Overall, our stay in Date & Dine Residences has been a delightful one. I loved how they catered to my every request in their own special way. The staff was welcoming and you will feel well taken cared of. Privacy is a sure guarantee at this place. Phone signal may be weak but this could mean spending more quality time with your loved one. Staying at this place felt like owning the beautiful place for that time being. I would surely recommend this to my friends to also try. Very ideal for quick getaways from the hussle of the busy metro life.


If you want to book a room at this place, you can check out their details below. They only have 4 rooms for booking and they are usually fully booked on weekends so better book as early as you can.
"We love to spoil our clients and we are willing to pamper them with any needs."- Date & Dine Resort

Phone No: ++63 (0)2 571.4122
Website: dateanddineresort.com
Email : datedineresort@icloud.com
 Begonia / Verbena Drive (off 7th Avenue)
Beverly Hills Subdivision
1870 Antipolo
(For your info : in fact Date & Dine is located on the grounds of Taytay, but the entrance to Beverly Hills is in Antipolo. The border Taytay / Antipolo runs through Berverly Hills)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe