Bohol

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

One can experience the beauty of Bohol (minus the beach) in just one day. When I went to Cebu with my friend Sensei we decided to take a day tour of the famed island of Chocolate Hills on a Sunday. We met up very early with my other friend Dona on a pier in Cebu and took a ferry boat to Tubigon port. My friend had arranged a rented van for our tour so we just met the driver upon arriving at Bohol.
Bohol is such a nice island which reminds me of my province. We went to different tourist spots and enjoyed the sceneries that only Bohol could offer. Listed below are the places we went:
  1. Sagbayan Peak -  a mountain resort and recreation center located in the town of Sagbayan. It offers a 360-degree perspective view of Chocolate Hills plus the distant blue sea separating Bohol from the island of Cebu. Its more of a children's park though because it has lots of life-sized cartoon characters and zoo animals. The view of the Chocolate Hills was good and the place is less crowded. It is sulit for the price of just P30 as entrance fee.
  2. Chocolate Hills Complex - also offers a view of the thousand cone-shaped hills. I don't know why we came here when we already had a good view from Sagbayan. It's more crowded here since Sagbayan Peak is just new and not much people know about it.
  3. Man-made Forest - a short stop on the way going to Loboc. It consists of mahogany trees which stands out because of the uniformity in height of the big trees
  4. Loboc River Cruise - where we had our lunch. Loboc river is one of the cleanest river in the country. While cruising, you could experience how calm the river is.
  5. Tarsier - smallest primate in the world. I thought it's not allowed to touch one but hey, I got a picture holding the tiny creature in my tiny little hand!
  6. Python Prony - said to be the largest snake in captivity. Scary siya ah kahit di maxado gumagalaw.
  7. Baclayon Church - you can't enter with short shorts and sleeveless tops. Good thing they offer sarongs at the entrance.
  8. Blood Compact Site - behind the monument, you could see a magnificent view of Bohol Sea.
Before the sun went down, we were already on our way back to Cebu City. I know Bohol won't be complete without experiencing the beauty of its beaches and rich marine sanctuary so a few years later, I was back on this beautiful island and made sure that I experienced the other side of it, the BEACH!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe