Cebu City

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I was on a hiatus from my career when I decided to go to Cebu. I started working for my 2nd company as a Lotus Notes developer but got 'culture shocked' of my new work environment. Add to that was the idea of nightshift work and how it affected my social life.
So a few months after starting work on that company, I submitted my resignation letter to my boss. In fairness to my family, I asked first for their consent before making that final decision. They have been supportive of me and told me to find another job where I am  happy instead of staying in a nightshift work that makes me depressed. I didn't care at that time for the loss of a high paying job that would secure me financially, all I thought
was my happiness.
Resignation is effective immediately on my company but my boss talked me on taking a 3-month leave instead. I was quite sure with my decision to resign that time but the idea was tempting since I could come back if everything fails. And so I agreed and started enjoying my 'no work' life.
I chose Cebu because I have good friends who reside there. I decided to stay there for almost 2 weeks. The day of my flight to Cebu was the day I won't forget as a traveller. NAIWANAN LANG NAMAN AKO NG EROPLANO!!! Waaaah...blame it on traffic in Coastal Road. I was so angry with myself for letting that happen. I know it was my fault. If only I went out of our house much earlier.
I had to buy a ticket for the next available flight on that day itself since my friend Sensei will be going to Cebu also later that night to meet me. I can't not go there since Sensei decided to go to Cebu because I invited her. And besides it's her first time in Cebu so I can't leave her alone. I bought a one-way ticket scheduled that day for the same price as the round trip ticket I bought for that trip :(...HUHU
We stayed at my friend's house for a few days. She lives in Mactan so we went to a beach in Mactan with some of her friends and enjoyed the nightlife there. Then we met up with my friend Dona who accompanied us on a day tour to Bohol (I wrote a separate post for the Bohol trip). Sensei then went back to Manila since she had to go back to work. I, on the other hand stayed in Cebu for a few more days.
I then stayed at Dona's place which was in Cebu City itself. On weekdays, she had to go to work and I am left exploring the city alone. I usually tambay in malls then wait for her to come out after work then we go home together. One weekend, we went to the Taoist Temple and visited Simala church. Her landlady also took us one night to Christmas Park where you could see the view of metro Cebu from a highland.
I didn't like Cebu that much since it was somehow similar with Manila. The experience I had there was more on thinking over things and what to do with my life -- in short, 'nagmuni-muni lang ako sa Cebu'... HAHA...
Eventually, I had to go back to Manila and had to think about my future. Guess what, I got bored because of unproductive days. I wasn't lucky in job-hunting for another company so I ended up going back to the company where I passed my resignation letter. Currently, I'm still working on the same company and just received my 5 Years Loyalty Award..haha..ironic right? I call it DESTINY.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe