Food Trip: Hobing Bingsu

Monday, May 22, 2017


If you're a K-drama fanatic, you probably have seen this dessert a lot of times and eventually became curious what it actually tastes. I myself has even wondered why they are eating this on a winter.

Now that this has been a craze in our country, no more wondering what this korean shaved ice dessert is. It is called a Bingsu or Bingsoo. Imagine our local shaved ice but with a much much finer texture. As in sobrang fine ng grains, feeling ko parang kumakain ako ng powdered milk, haha! Di ko actually nafeel ang 'melts in your mouth' feeling which I was expecting. Not that its a bad thing, I liked it actually. It can't be compared to our halo-halo since they are totally different.

Bingsu is usually topped with servings of fruits, nuts, choco, brownies, redbeans -- madaming choices. You can even opt to have additional ice cream or whipped cream on top. The ice is usually drizzled with condensed milk so beware for sweetness overload.

We went to Hobing in Eastwood a few weeks ago to try this dessert. We ordered different variants para mas masaya. A regular serving can actually be shared by 2 people. From my experience, we tried ordering a large serving before for me and my sister but was not able to finish it. So this time, regular na lang and for sharing pa din.


Berry berry. I'm a fan of anything berries so this one was definitely my first order. 
Kiel became especially fond of the blueberries, as well. Indi pa tinipid sa dami ng toppings, me cheesecake din. I think raisins ang sa taas ng whipped cream. This is my ultimate favorite.


Injeolme. If you want something with a Korean twist, this one is definitely worth trying. 
Injeolme is a traditional Korean rice cake covered with steamed powdered dried beans. This shaved ice version is topped with cashew and almond nuts. A serving of milk is also served alongside.


Mango Cheese. With generous servings of mango slices combined with cheesecake cubes, 
mango syrup and almond bits. This is one of their bestsellers. We had ordered this before on their Megamall branch and I liked the fact that they notified us that their mangoes at that time was maasim. At least they have the initiative to inform their customers for situations like that. 

Other variants of Korean shaved ice dessert to choose from are: Mango, Choco Cookies, Milk Redbean, Matcha, Banana Mango, Strawberry, Cheese, Choco Brownies, Caramel Coffee 

I also liked the fact  that they are showing korean MTV's on their screen projectors the whole time. Feel na feel mo talaga ang Korean vibe eh, haha!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe